Sunday, February 23, 2014

I Need Thee Every Hour

Source: lds.org

One of my favorite things about going to BYU is going to church every Sunday and being taught by my peers! I've always loved going to church, but there's something different about hearing the testimonies of my friends every week. And I'm friends with some amazing people. Today my friend Julie (shoutout to her because I know she reads my blog!) gave an amazing lesson in Relief Society that was just what I needed today. She just reminded us that Christ needs to be the center of our life and that's all that really matters. I feel like lately I've been getting really distracted by silly things lately that are really not very important when I look at the grand scheme of things.When  more of my attention on becoming more like Christ instead of becoming what those around me expect me to be, I'm a lot dang happier. She also had us sing I Need Thee Every Hour, one of my favorites.



This made me reflect on how much I think I can do things on my own and forget to look to the Lord. When it comes down to it, I'm an imperfect 18 year old girl who has no idea what is coming in her life. I've had some decisions to make lately and as I've prayed to know what Heavenly Father wants me to do, I have been so comforted to receive answers from Him regarding the direction I in which I should go. It's so liberating to put my life into God's hands and let Him guide me. Because I know that what He has in mind for me is better than anything I have in mind for myself! 

Basically, I'm just so glad for a God that loves me and a Savior that makes it possible for me to change and the great examples I have all around me of people that are trying to be more like Him.

I'll post an update of this weekend hopefully tomorrow! But until then...

XOXO
Cady

3 comments:

  1. awesome post! I always loved that about BYU too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I am your newest follower! Hope you follow me back! I went to BYUI! Would love to stay in touch!
    xoxo
    http://fashionstylingbykendra.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete