Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentines, Presidents, and All Other Sorts of Fun Stuff

Hello friends!

Happy Monday! (Although I'm kind of in denial that today isn't Saturday and I have to go to school tomorrow...) This weekend was fabulous! I mean, it included two holidays so how could it not be? Here were some things that I loved (you know, since it was Valentine's Day) this weekend:

-Being content to be single on Valentine's Day. I know its hard for some single folks to stay happy on Valentine's Day, but I was fine with being single last week, so I figured I would be fine with being single this week too. I'm happy for those around me that are in relationships, but also happy with where I'm at right now. Especially because I am blessed with such great girl and guy friends. Plus...I still managed to have a lot of fun on V-Day, even without a man to call mine!

-This adorable Valentine my Aunt Liann sent me! She sends all the nieces and nephews Valentines every year and this one was a winner.

Twinkie minion...adorable!

-These homemade conversations hearts.

Courtesy of my lovely guy friends.

-Delivering cheesy pick up lines on post-it notes and Hershey's kisses to the poor souls that were in the library on Friday/Valentine's night. They were well recieved.

-My Valentine's Day date(s) to see  The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. Which I highly recommend seeing if you want to feel inspired and think your life is lame all at the same time.

Supposedly all his friends were "out of town".

-Pulling an accidental all-nighter with Kayla and Erica. We made a mega-bed at about 2, talked till 4 at which time we went to Del Taco...Then Erica and I ended up hiking the Y at 6 am in time to see the sunrise. I love college.



-The beauty of a sunrise on a hike. Hiking is one of my all-time favorite things in the entire world and so are early mornings. I always just feel a little closer to God when I'm out in nature...it was so lovely to enjoy the silence of the early morning and have a little time to think as I hiked.


 This picture does not do the sunrise justice.

Gotta love this "barren winter" look. I promise its prettier in person!

-Literally sleeping/laying in bed all day on Saturday. I don't know what I'm going to do when I'm a mother and my children still have to be cared for on Saturdays...

-The fact that it was warm enough to ditch the treadmill and run outside this weekend! I got in two runs and it reminded me how much more I love running outside than in the stuffy gym. 



-Sundays in Provo. They will always remain my favorite. I love being taught by my friends every week at church!

-Movie nights with my roomie. We pushed our beds together, curled up with Hershey's Kisses and watched "Now and Then"...a perfect 90's movie that brought back serious childhood nostalgia.

-Photo shoots with Erica. I just asked her to snap a couple pictures for a new Blogger profile picture and then we ended up imitating  the photo shoots we all did with our friends while we were in junior high...Admit it, you did it too.





-Writing letters to my missionary friends/family. I'm a little obsessed lately.


If you survived this post, I love you and we should probably be best friends. I'm so grateful for all the wonderful people+opportunities that I have in my life right now and I'm only slightly jealous of all my friends who went to St. George/California this week... Life is good.

XOXO
Cady

No comments:

Post a Comment