Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Sunshine and Smiles

These last couple of days have been just lovely. First of all, let's talk about this weather! It has been absolutely beautiful outside and it's like Provo has come alive again! Everyone has been throwing on their shorts and sandals and coming outside at every chance they get. Over the weekend, I spent some time out on the grass by Helaman Halls. On Sunday, the lawn was completely covered in picnic blankets and happy freshman....it was wonderful.

See how happy the sun makes us?

Although I struggled today to not give in to the temptation to ditch all my classes and lay on the grass all day, I did enjoy a beautiful lunch outside and embraced all the warmth I could in between classes.

Another thing that made my day bright besides all this sunshine was the sweet note I received in the mail today. I woke up to an email that I had a package waiting for me and unexpected packages are a big deal so I hurried over to the mail counter (in my pajamas...but let's not talk about the fact.) and was so happy to open the envelope that had this little gem in it:


This is from my 8 year old brother, Nick, who is one of the sweetest people in the entire world and one of my best friends. He, along with all the other elementary school aged kids in the world, has become obsessed with the "Rainbow Loom" and making stretchy bracelets on it. (His teacher had to send out an email telling parents that their kids weren't allowed to sell them at school anymore...hahaha) My mom told me that he proudly came up with this note all on his own...

And it melted my heart. Seriously. I couldn't help but smile when I read it. What a sweet kid. He's never allowed to grow up.



Today I'm just grateful for sunshine and smiles.

XOXO
Cady

No comments:

Post a Comment