Monday, January 6, 2014

Watch out blogging world, I have arrived.

It's true. The rumors have been confirmed. I, Cady Seiter, have entered the blogging world. You can get a little excited, if you want. I won't tell anyone ;) I'm excited to share with you a little bit of the happenings in my life and the things I'm learning along the way.

I decided to start this for a few reasons:


1. I want to learn to love writing again. Writing and I haven't been on good terms since I was assigned my first essay in 7th grade and I decided that writing was the most boring thing in the world. Luckily, after a good writing class my first semester at BYU I have been inspired to become a better writer and practice makes perfect right? So you'll have to be patient with me as I explore different writing styles and decide what fits me best :)


2. I am the worst journaler in the world. Just going to say it like it is. (I also just made up the word journaler, but who's to stop me?) I have always been awful at keeping a journal and it makes me sad that I don't have any thoughts written down about some of my most special moments in life! I set a goal when I came up to school to journal every night, which I kept up for a total of about 2 weeks. And then I was journaling every few days, then every few weeks, and you can guess where we are now. So I'm hoping that I can stay accountable and that this will be a fun way to record my memories!


3. I have lots of fans that are dying to know what I'm up to and my 140 character tweets aren't enough to keep them satisfied. (Although I am quite funny if I do say so myself! Follow me @cadyseiter) Life's a little tough when you're a celebrity ;)


4. I'm not busy enough and decided I need one more thing to fill my time. (Just kidding, that is illegal for a BYU student to say. I'm busy and love it! This is just an effort to capture the busyness.)


So there ya have it. I decided to title this blog after, in my opinion, one of the most powerful songs on Broadway. "This Is The Moment" from Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde. (Which I've never actually seen, but it sure has beautiful music). This is one of my favorite renditions of this song. So just feast your eyes, and your ears. You're welcome.




I absolutely love the message of this song that takes place at the climax of the show. But I believe that every moment is the moment. The climax of our lives is now! I think that too often we live in the future, hoping and planning and dreaming, but we just don't spend enough time living. So with the the title of this song as my motto, I want to embrace and cherish every moment of my life. And I want to share those moments with you, because I believe that life isn't made up of big events, but simple moments that need to be celebrated.

I'm excited to begin this journey as a blogger and a life enthusiast and I hope you'll join me on this journey!

Love,
Cady

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog for many reasons, but the fact that you posted Celtic Thunder makes it my favorite blog ever. :)

    ReplyDelete